Course description: Introduction to drumming techniques and the development of drumming styles throughout the different periods in the history of jazz.
- Reading (rhythms and sight reading)
- Independence (4-limb coordination)
- Technique (bass drum and snare drum, as well as clapping and gestural exercises)
- Singing themes and bridge passages (chorus)
- Rhythms studied: Traditional Jazz, as well as Afro Cuban and Brazilian music
Level required: open to instrumentalists and vocalists of all levels