Course description: Learn to sing a theme (jazz standard) accompanied by a pianist or trio
- Find one’s bearings both harmonically and rhythmically
- Focus on vocal production: phrasing and interpretation
- Ear training: listening and reproducing (singing) chords (cycle of fifths, cadences, intervals).
Level required: advanced beginner
Course description: Learn/expand one’s knowledge of Afro-American music and understand and integrate the elements that are essential in this type of music (swing, freedom of phrasing, improvisation)
- Acquire a better knowledge of the harmonic and rhythmic language of jazz through standards
- Discover and explore different ways to phrase themes and acquire greater freedom of expression
Level required: upon audition for singers with a certain experience. Not for beginners.